Having a local chapter in Metro Vancouver would:
- Provide professional development opportunities that In the future can be certified by EIC for PDH / CEU.
- Create a collaborative environment for energy professionals to further energy conservation in the Metro Vancouver region.
- Provide students with an opportunity to network with industry professionals and promote awareness of the AEE / CIET.
Additionally, AEE will recognize chartered local chapters and provide these additional benefits:
- AEE provides an annual appropriation to chapters based on meeting attendance of national AEE members.
- Awards programs recognize outstanding performance of members on local, regional and national/international levels.
- Scholarship program is available to assist students in chapter area.
- Chapters and individuals are recognized in the chapter section of Energy Insight newsletter and on the AEE website.
- The Chapter Leadership Meeting held during AEE’s annual Congress provides a forum and assistance to chapter officers.